Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Old people make the world a better place

I bought a new TV for our waiting room at work. We have had two TV/VCR combos break already, so I went on Craigslist and got a nice one that has a VCR and a DVD player built in. My dad and I went to pick it up and it turns out, I bought it from a trailor park in Bothell...that was interesting! We decided to drop it off at my office since it was heavy so we didn't have to move it more than once. We pull up to my office and there is this adorable old lady there, so I open the door for her. Dad and I put the TV where it goes and store the other one in a back room, and when we came out, the old lady was sitting in the lobby. She asked us if we were from Redmond and tried to tell us this story about her son...something about him living in Renton and she can't ride in the easy access bus. I offered her a ride home, so she got into the passenger seat of my car. My dad sat in the back with her walker next to him. She talked our ears off the whole way to her home at Marymoor Assisted Living. When we pulled into the parking lot, my fart machine starts going off like crazy from the glove box - right in front of the lady! I think she heard it because she looked over at me and kinda smiled. I swear it went off like 20 times before I was able to get her out of the car! I was trying so hard not to laugh, because it crossed my mind that there is a possibility that she thought it was her. She told us she is 97 years old, so you never know what she is aware of. My dad pulled her walker out of the back seat and saw that it had a little tiny license plate on it that said "Nellie." She was absolutely precious!!! Apparently the parking lot of Marymoor Assisted Living is a hot spot for fart machines!

1 comment:

ConorGlassey said...

This is awesome. I wouldn't have been able to contain myself!