Friday, November 21, 2008

I love weird medicine

Julie had surgery yesterday, so I'm working with various substitutes until she gets better. Today was crazy!!!!! I woke up late and got to work 30 minutes late, just in time to open; 3 patients were waiting for me and they just kept coming in...it was overwhelming! I'm working a little late, and I'm really glad that I did because I got to see something really cool. One of the receptionists from the building came down to drop off a specimen. She walked back into our processing room and said, "I really need to show you something." She handed me the bag and it was a vial that we send to pathology. She said that the patient called and said, "I think I need an appointment, something came out when I blew my nose this morning."

That is a polyp that came flying out when she blew her nose...awesome!

Now I know how Julie feels; I have to make sure everything is ready for the couriers, I am the one that all of the subs come to when they miss a patient so I have to be the 'veteran'...it's really werid.

On a different note, I'm so excited that Cheryl made it on a flight to go see Conor. I hope they have as much fun as I did. Eat a Locopop for me!!!!

No comments: